Choosing the perfectly-ripe avocado is the key to a great guacamole. Look for avocados that are soft when pressed (but not mushy) and bright green and yellow on the inside. Creamy, fresh, and completely irresistible — this guacamole is a sure crowd pleaser and chock-full of healthy monounsaturated fats. It’s so good, one batch won’t be enough.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 3 avocados, peeled and seed removed, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium bowl (or mortar and pestle) combine avocado and onion and mash until mostly smooth, but still slightly chunky. Add tomato, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and serve.