What could be better than a lobster deviled egg? Nothing. A rich, buttery filling combined with fresh lobster, finished with a hint of smokiness from crumbled bacon takes your Easter leftovers and the classic party pleaser to new heights.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lb fresh cooked lobster
- 5 Tbs clarified butter
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 peices cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Drain and place eggs in an ice water bath to let cool. Peel and halve lengthwise.
2. Place yolks in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add butter, mayonnaise and tarragon and stir with fork until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Shell the lobster, reserving the meat from the claws and tail. Chop the lobster meat into 1/2" pieces and fold into the yolk mixture.
4. Spoon the filling into reserved egg white halves. Serve topped with crumbled bacon.