All the flavors you love in a loaded potato skin, conveniently in a one-bite chip. Make a batch of these with friends and enjoy with a cold drink and a game. Just be ready to share the recipe.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tbs sour cream
- 3 Tbs finely chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
- 5 pieces of crisp-cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Canola oil, for frying
1. Slice potatoes lengthwise on a mandolin slicer to achieve consistent 1/8" slices. Roll the sliced potatoes lengthwise and secure with a toothpick. In batches, fry the potato rolls in a deep fryer (preheated to 350 degrees) until golden and crisp; about 7-10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Once cool enough to handle, remove the toothpick by twisting it until it breaks free.
2. In a medium bowl mix cream cheese and sour cream and stir until smooth (you can also whip with an electric mixer). Stir in chives, bacon, and salt until combined. Let rest for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
3. Pipe filling into each end of the fried potatoes until full. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.